Benefits of Outsourcing Your Translation Requirements to a Service Provider
If your company is planning to expand its global reach, it is inevitable that you will encounter a need for translating texts and legal documents from one language to another.
Often, the need for translation may be temporary and may not require the hiring of a full time staff. If your company is not directly related to language translation, then, outsourcing your translation requirement to a professional translation agency would be the wisest option. This is especially true as translation is a rather skilled job requiring the translator to be fluent in two or more languages.
Benefits of Outsourcing Your Translation Requirement to a Translation Agency
Outsourcing your translation requirement to a professional service provider has numerous benefits, such as:
- Access to professional translators with extensive experience.
- Access to accurate translations. This is especially important if the documents are legal or likely to be published in a public domain.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, sometimes within a few hours.
- Cost benefit, especially if the translation is provided by an offshore agency.
- Easy online access to quality translators at competitive rates.
- Time zone advantage.
Selecting the Right Translation Service Provider
While outsourcing your translation requirements to a service provider may be the best option, how do you ensure that you find one, the one who understands your company needs and delivers quality work on time?
If you need translation services and are looking for a company that provides professional translation services; here are some simple steps to follow:
- A great place to begin your search for the right translation service provider is the Internet. Make a quick list of the top ten companies offering translation services. Visit their websites and ensure that they offer translation in the language you require.
- Check out the company's website carefully and compare their services with those offered by their competitors. Sometimes, older companies provide better quality service as they have had more time to perfect their skills. Besides, such companies have robust processes in-place that ensure you get quality work.
- The next step would be to write to these companies and get quotes of their services. Then, compare prices and ask lots of questions. Request for testimonials and check out some of their previous work.
- You might also want to verify that the translators who will be working for you are certified and experienced, and the processes they will employ will get value for your investment.
- If you have deadlines for your work, determine specific formats that you would like to receive the translations in. If you have any other requirement, discuss it with the company and get everything clarified.
- To further reduce your shortlist, send the company a couple of pages and have them translated. This should give you a fair idea of their quality of work. Also ensure that the company understands the nature of work of your company. In case the content to be translated is technical, make sure that the translators are able to do an accurate job.
Only after you are satisfied that the translation company meets your criteria, should you go ahead and outsource your requirements to them. This process may seem long the first time, but it is better to take pains in the selection process so that things go much faster when you require translation services in the future.
Most professional translation companies allow you to send the work online via e-mail or as scanned documents. They also allow for payments to be made online, thus remarkably simplifying the sending and receiving of the translations.
All in all, it is always better that you outsource your translation requirements to a service provider. If you were to translate in-house, it would cost you more - both in terms of money and time.Back to Articles
Read more about Translation Services.