Outsource Subtitling and Captioning Services
Subtitling is much more than simply translating words from one language to another. Subtitles are textual versions of the audio piece existing in films and television programmes. They are usually displayed at the bottom of the screen in formats such as:
- Written translation of a dialogue in a foreign language
- A written rendering of the dialogue in the same language
The significance of subtitles has grown from helping the hard at hearing follow dialogues in videos to enabling viewers around the world to enjoy movies and videos in different languages.
OutsourcingTranslation provides cost-effective offshore subtitling and captioning services, helping you reduce the high costs associated with it. We deliver high-quality captioning and subtitling services that are at par with local companies but at a fraction of the cost. We have worked with several media companies in producing accurate subtitles and captions for their video content and have helped them reach a wider audience for their work. With a rich experience in the areas of translation, subtitling and video production, we can help you with all your film subtitling and video captioning requirements.
Though video subtitling and captioning mean pretty much the same throughout the world, in the US and Canada, subtitles are aimed at those who cannot follow a language correctly or do not understand the accent of a language. Subtitling also assumes that people can hear the dialogue but have difficulty following them because of the aforementioned reasons. Professional subtitling refers to the adaptation of one set of cultural references and idiomatic phrases into those of another culture.
Captioning / Subtitling Services Offered by OutsourcingTranslation
Our captioning and subtitling services include:
1. Closed Captioning Services
We provide closed captioning services in several foreign languages. Our offshore team of translators and video specialists handle everything from translation to encoding the captions in the video. Each of our captioning projects goes through multiple levels of review, in order to ensure the accuracy of the translation and to synchronize the text with the video.
2. Open Captioning / Burned-in Captioning
Do you require precise captions in your films and videos that are permanent in nature? We provide an answer to this question by creating permanent open captions in a video or a film. While this may not suit all viewers, it is useful for those with hearing disabilities. It is also useful when you want to keep the size of your video short as compared to a close caption (which requires a separate text file along with the video).
3. Subtitling Services
OutsourcingTranslation provides subtitling services for a wide variety of media content. Our subtitling and translation team takes into account the cultural nuances and the variations in the dialects of a language. So, instead of a direct translation of the content, you get near to perfect textual subtitles of the dialogue that captures the mood of the video. We cover DVD / Video Subtitling as well as several other programming formats.
Subtitling has three stages:
- Source Script: Since subtitles are mostly used in movies, the written source script is given by the customer. In case the customer does not provide us with a written script, we transcribe it from the audio file sent by the customer. Before proceeding with translation, we send the transcribed document to the customer for approval. Once it is approved, we continue to translate the transcribed document into the target language, as desired by the customer.
- Translation: While translating, we make sure that small and precise sentences are used to make subtitles. Long sentences would not serve the purpose as they would not match with the dialogues used in a movie.
- Integration: Post translation, we verify the accuracy of the translated text by re-translating it to the source language. Once the accuracy has been verified, the translation in the target language is incorporated into the movie in such a manner that the caption appears exactly when the dialogue is being said. Integration is a vital process, which needs to be done with precision.
Features of Our Distinct Captioning / Subtitling Services
- Ability to provide captioning services in various media formats like VHS, Beta, film and DVD
- Confidentiality of information
- Easy adaptation of language to suit the cultural and traditional norms of the target audience
- High accuracy
- Quick turnaround time
- Competitive prices
- Dedicated, highly-skilled and experienced team
- We use high-end technology to make sure that we maintain the highest standards of quality and service
You can opt for our free trial before partnering with us for all your captioning and subtitling needs. We have credible expertise in captioning and subtitling.
Contact us to outsource subtitling and captioning services.