Multilingual website

Why Your Website Should be Multilingual

In today’s competitive market, not having a multilingual website is equal to ignoring the needs of a major portion of the global population. Yes, this is true. Customizing your website in one specific language, say English, is not a blunder but a sin. This means you are catering only to 27% of the internet users who speak English and are ignoring the remaining 73%.  Had it been the other way round, who could have stopped you from laughing you from laughing your way to the bank.

The picture becomes clearer when you consider the preference of online buyers. As per a recent survey, a staggering 84% of the customers like to buy products with information in their native tongue. Even more so, nearly 60% of consumers give more importance to the ability to acquire information in their own language than price. As per the experts this is because, having a multilingual website shows your commitment to help customers. And since they can experience a familiar setting instead of a foreign one, they won’t have any trouble relating to your products and in trusting you.

In addition, investing in a multilingual website will help you stay ahead of the competition. This is because, in spite of the visible advantages, not all business owners’ believe in the usefulness of having multilingual website. But when you do so, you steal a march over them and end up getting a bigger pie in the market.

It is also important to note that not everybody use the default search engine that you are familiar with. For instance, Americans like to use Google, Baidu is popular in China, while Franch extensively use Voila. In order to build your base and stay relevant on these search engines, you need to make sure your website is multilingual. This way, you will increase your popularity and witness increasing number of people visiting your site whenever they look for solution online.

The Bottom-line

A multilingual presence is one of the most efficient ways to market your product, widen your reach, and promote your brand across the globe. What’s more, you get to do all this without having to spend heavily on other marketing strategies. It’s also the best way to create buzz and attract potential customers without exhausting your resources. But creating a multilingual website is by no means a walk in the park; there are multiple factors that you need to consider and there are huge risks involved that can make you regret as a company in the future. Hence opt to outsource the task to a reliable translation service provider and have one less thing to worry about in your plate.