The prominence of Spanish as a major language of communication can hardly be under estimated and here are the reasons why:
Some good reasons why you must opt for Spanish translations
- 500 million people speak Spanish worldwide, making it the third most spoken language in the world!
- When Hispanics in the US were given a choice between an English and Spanish website, 80% preferred a Spanish website.
- The purchasing power of Spanish speaking buyers in the US alone is estimated to be a whooping 5 billion dollars.
However, getting content translated into Spanish can be fairly challenging, especially if you don’t know how to go about it.
Resisting the urge of cheap translations
Most companies experience a strong urge to settle on the cheapest price, but in the translation industry cheap can often end up being an expensive mistake.
- Poor translations on your website could lead readers to misinterpret information.
- If the readers fail to understand the contents on the web page they may fail to perform the desired action, like filling out a form.
- Poor translations also cut a sorry picture of the company and speak poorly of the company’s professionalism.
- Another fall out of poor translations can be that the text brings out some unintended meaning and becomes the source of controversy.
Thus, getting the right Spanish translator or hiring the right translating agency, could make all the difference to ensure that your effort to reach larger audiences bears fruit.
Thankfully there are some very reliable companies that can meet all your Spanish translation needs with ease and assured quality.